The Africa Research Center (formerly, the Center for African Development) at the Global Research Institute presents the first W&M Africa Network Conference (#ANC2021) bringing together alumni, students, and faculty who are from Africa, work in Africa, or aspire to work in Africa to engage on topics of mutual interest.
Join us on Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 10 am EDT to hear from our panelists in agriculture, business, entrepreneurship, security and diplomacy and more.
Co-conveners: Shanda Cooper ’06, Redeit Hailu ’24, Mayada Hassan ’22, and Philip Roessler, Director, Africa Research Center
Conference Opener: Saidah Nash Carter ’96 – Co-Founder, Bright Insights Global (South Africa)
- Entrepreneurship & Business:
- Linda Oramaisonwu-Leverette, JD’06 - Partner, Kupanda Capital (Washington DC)
- Crystal Nwokorie ‘10 - Senior Strategy Manager, Pepsi-Cola Sub-Saharan Africa (South Africa)
- Tech & Development/Sustainability:
- Maame Boakye '07 - Co-Founder & Director of Talent Relations and Business Development, Dine Diaspora
- Security & Diplomacy:
- Naomi Mattos '05 - Foreign Service Officer, United States Department of State (Ghana)
- Melene Rossouw ‘19- Founder, Women Lead Movement (South Africa)
- Agriculture & Energy:
- Conor Godfrey ‘08 - Policy Advisor, Department of State (Washington, DC)
- Jonathan Shaw, MA’10 - Founder & CEO, Nuru (Democratic Republic of Congo)